Top economists analysed Ellatzite-Med’s contribution to regional economic growth
- Ellatzite-Med is among the 25 largest non-financial enterprises with the highest direct contribution to household budgets in Bulgaria.
- The added value of the company’s activities exceeds BGN 440 million in 2022.
- Concession fees of BGN 16.9 million were paid in 2022.
- With more than 2,000 employees, the company is the largest employer in Etropole and Srednogorie regions.
- The average monthly gross salary in 2022 is 2,649 BGN, which is 50% higher than the average salary in the country and 10% higher than the average salary for the mining industry.
- In 2022, Ellatzite-Med AD generated nearly BGN 53 million of gross earned income for the population only in Srednogorie and Etropole regions.
- The direct net labour input of Ellatzite-Med AD in the region of Srednogorie and Etropole amounts to BGN 46.5 million.
- Ellatzite-Med AD triggered a secondary economic impact on local economic activity, estimated to BGN 27.8 million, as a result of the consumer demand of its workers and their families.
- Only last year, Ellatzite-Med’s contribution to Etropole Municipality’s own revenue in the budget amounted to BGN 4.9 million, for Mirkovo Municipality – BGN 3.3 million and for Chavdar Municipality – BGN 1.5 million. These are the municipalities where the largest part of the company’s concession area is located